The EFC and its sub-committees cover a broad areas of topics on a permanent and ad-hoc basis, among which:
- Sub-Committee on EU Sovereign Debt Markets
- Circulation and Issuance of Euro Coins (Euro Coin Subcommittee)
- International Monetary Fund (IMF) and related issues (SCIMF)
- Financial Stability and Services Issues (Ad Hoc working groups and task forces)
- Joint Working Group on Climate Change
In addition, a High Level Expert Group (HLEG) was set up in May 2013 with a mandate to make recommendations on increasing access to capital markets for SME and long term infrastructure financing in Europe.